If you’ve ever wanted to click on a link to a website but wanted a way to check first whether its spam or worse, here are five ways to safely check:
1. Check the status of a website URL using Google’s Transparency Report, which harnesses Google’s Safe Browsing technology. See: https://transparencyreport.
2. Use URLVoid to check a website’s reputation and detect potentially malicious lnks. See: https://www.urlvoid.com/
3. Use ScanURL to check a website for malware, phishing, viruses, and poor reputation. See: https://scanurl.net/
4. Check any link that you suspect is a phishing site by using PhishTank. See: https://www.phishtank.com/
5. Use VirusTotal to scan a web page for malicious links: https://www.virustotal.com/